The Health Assessment is a confidential questionnaire about your health and wellbeing. It takes about 15 to 30 minutes to complete. The assessment considers all aspects of your health, illnesses and any lifestyle issues. You’ll receive a personal health report that can help predict future health issues and suggest simple changes you can make to improve your health.
Tips for taking the Health Assessment
- Know Your Numbers!
- Take your results to your next doctor’s appointment and use it to ask questions about your health.
- Consider retaking the Health Assessment at least once a year.
- Information you provide in taking the Health Assessment is kept private, as required under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and Title II of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA).
Frequently Asked Questions about Health Assessments
- Q: For difficulty using the APS web site or Coaching Assistance
- Call 1-855-2RISEUP (1-855-274-7387)
- Q: What is a Health Assessment?
- It is a short questionnaire about your personal health habits. It is designed to increase your awareness of your health, identify opportunities for improvement and help direct you to the tools and resources that are available to you as a UMS health plan participant.
- Q: Will anyone see my results?
- YES, an APS Healthcare “Health Coach” will call you to review your results. We encourage you to take advantage of that session. These are dedicated Health Coaches that APS has hired to help you understand your risks and challenges. NOBODY ELSE will see your individual results.
- Q: How do I take the Health Assessment?
- Follow these steps:
- Click Reasons2RiseUp green sign-in button.
- Login with your User Name and Password. New User? Click here for instruction on How to Register.
- From the home screen, select “Complete Assessment.”
- Begin filling out the information. The system will prompt you to move through the Health Assessment.
- When you get to the Screening/Procedure/Discussion History section, please note that your results will be automatically entered if you participate in an onsite biometric screening event – which may take up to 2 weeks to appear. Otherwise, you will need to self-report your results.
- After completing the Health Assessment, click “Go to my Dashboard.”
Note: You can stop at any time and restart from the last page you submitted by clicking the My HRA link located in the My Health Assessment tab on the home page.
- Follow these steps:
- Q: How do I record/report that I’ve completed my Health Assessment?
- You do not need to record/report that you’ve completed the Health Assessment. Once you’ve answered all of the questions in the Health Assessment and click “Go to my Dashboard,” the Health Assessment will be recorded as “Complete.”